Oculus quest 2 rechargeable controllers
Oculus Quest 2
2020.05.25 14:09 lllkaisersozelll Oculus Quest 2
A place to discuss the Oculus Quest 2.
2018.09.26 19:09 JonCreaux Oculus Quest
A place to discuss the Meta/Oculus Quest and Quest 2
2012.08.01 20:47 telosin The Oculus Subreddit
**The Oculus subreddit, a place for Oculus fans to discuss VR.**
2023.06.09 18:59 Constant-Pay-6320 Should I get this game?
I am on quest 2, I’m thinking either this, the full version of battle talent, or ghosts of tabor? Are the mods good? How are graphics? Many bugs? All things for consideration.
submitted by Constant-Pay-6320
to BladeAndSorceryNomad [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:59 hodsct59 Belmont Park Choices 6-10-2023 Belmont Stakes Day
My normal maximum budget for any week of racing is around $400, which I am comfortable with losing should I not hit a race. While I personally do not like to lose that much any week, the only other options are to bet less money or pass the races entirely. Playing less money will cause me to far short of my monthly and/or yearly goals and not playing at all is like the saying goes "You have to be in it for any chance of winning." On big race weekends, I will budget more, not to spread out my risk anymore, but to bet more of the better races and fuller fields that comes around only so often. Good Luck and hopefully you can knock down a big score which is so much more enjoyable than trying to nickel and dime the tracks to death (never works long term).
Race 1: Maiden Special Weight --- Purse $90,000 --- 3 YOs & Up F&M ---- 6 Furlongs Turf:
2) Get Respect (8-1) is making her first start of the year. However, with maidens, they do not have to be the fittest a trainer can get them because most are not anywhere near their full potential until after a few races of experience. This one has 7 works for her first start this year, the first two were leg stretchers, the next four were decent and has the look of a trainer trying to get horse fit and the last work, 3 days before scheduled start, simply an exercise to keep her happy until race day. 3x5 to Storm Cat.
6) Quiescent (15-1) has started twice this year, setting the pace to the top of the stretch before tiring slightly to finish third while losing the photo finish at the wire to the Brown entry just above her, then setting the pace for a half before tiring badly in her last race which obviously her first start of year took enough conditioning out of her that she was still tire when entered back despite one average work after that first start (better known as a bounce). Now she has one good work, indicating she is not tired now and expect a rebound in this start. 5x5 to Mr. Prospector but also has a crossing influence to Never Bend through the dam line of Arch on her sire side and thru the 3rd dam, Stiff Breeze, a daughter. Fifth dam, Whirl Right, is a full sister to 1941 U.S. TC winner Whirlaway.
3) Roman Goddess (12-1) has started once this year and stumbled at the start which basically eliminated her from having any chance to impact the race. She has five more works since that effort and most of them were designed only to give her some leg stretching exercise. 4x4 to Mr. Prospector & Danzig.
10) Cindylouwho (15-1) has started 4 times this year, with 2 third place finishes in 5 furlongs grass sprints her only board finishes and the starts on dirt with little effort put into each race. She now has 3 placings in 4 lifetime attempts on grass and only needs to produce a race similar to any of them to be a major factor against these. She has what looks like two good works since her last, but both came on the Palm Meadows training track which is one of the fastest training tracks in the nation and those works are average at best. However, based off her actual races, she fits with these. 4x3 to A.P. Indy, 5(C)x5(C)x4(F) to Northern Dancer, 5x4 to Mr Prospector, 5x5 to Secretariat & Roberto.
My Risks: $8 WP 2, $5 Ex Box 2-6, $1 Tri Box 2-3-6, $.20 Super Box 2-3-6-10, $1 Super Key 2 with 3-6-10 with 3-6-10 with 3-6-10. Total Risk $42.80.
Race 2: Allowance --- Purse $80,000 --- 3 YOs & Up F&M NY Bred N/W $18K 1x or N/W 2 Races Lifetime --- 7 Furlongs Turf:
8) Silver Skillet (10-1) has one start this year which he chased the early pace for 6 furlongs before tiring, which is a typical first start back for most front runners after getting five months or longer break. Trainer put one easy or leg stretching type work in her since that start simply because he already saw her speed was still there in works prior to her first start back. This will be her first start on grass in her career. See a likely gate to wire effort for her against these. 5(C)x5(F)x5(F) to Mr. Prospector.
6) Lisa's Vision (8-1) has started once this year where she sat mid-pack early edge herself up to the edge of being a serious contender into the stretch before flattening out and stalling. Again, this is a typical first start back for a horse with this running style and you should expect improvement this out. Her last two efforts just before the break in races with same class, distance, and surface, she was nearing an effort to move on to the next condition or better races. Trainer has put 5 more works in her since her last effort, an easy work followed by 4 decent to good works. If she gets a little help with a pressured early pace which she did not get in her first start back, she could easily win this. Contender. 5x3 to Storm Cat.
7)Royal Dancer (12-1) has one start this year where she was eyeing the early pace as two ahead of her duel for a quarter, then the leader shook free and open a clear lead, forcing this one to pick up the chase much earlier than preferred, but then chase the loose leader to the top of the stretch before tiring after breaking from the 12th post, a slot that has very little chance to win in NY grass sprints. Trainer has put 5 more works in her since that effort, mostly leg stretching type works but a couple that could prove very helpful, including a bullet work five days before this start. She has two NY bred stakes placings on grass before she broke her maiden. Has some talent. 4(C)x5(C)x5(F)x5(F) to Northern Dancer, 5x4 to Fappiano.
1)I'mhavingamoment (5-1) has four starts this year, the first race was a state bred stakes race which she was overmatched against coming off a maiden win, then finished second and then 2 thirds after a drop down in class and a slow rise back up into condition allowance in her last start while also her first effort on grass. Has two works since that last effort, a good work followed by a decent and useful work. 5x4 to Danzig, 5x5 to Cyane, 5(C)x5(F)x5(F) to Northern Dancer. Her 5th dam is U.S. Champion Filly, Tempted, who has a stakes race named in her honor for 3 YO fillies.
My Risk: $6 WP 6, $5 Ex Box 6-8, $1 Tri Box 6-7-8, $.30 Super Box 1-6-7-8, $1 Super Key 8 with 1-6-7 with 1-6-7 with 1-6-7. Total Risk: $41.20.
Race 3: Pass on betting.
Race 4: Allowance --- Purse $85,000 --- 3 YOs & Up N/W $18K 1x or N/W 2 lifetime --- 7 Furlongs:
4) Bezos (50-1) has started 4 times this year, has flashed front running speed in all of them but then tired badly. In his last start, he carried his speed further than he has all year long or since he was last in his best form. This type wins only when they can control the early pace and he looks like he found a spot where he can do just that. Most of these horses have not tried stakes races in their career but the few that have has done so against young 2 YOs or 3 YOs, except this one when he set the pace in a G3 and a listed stake race against proven older horses. In addition, he will carry light race in the field due to his jockey receiving a 7 lbs. apprentice break. May seen foolish but will take a shot with this one with the speed to top of the stretch angle I have used successful plenty of times.
9) Twelth Man (6-1) has started three times this year with a second in his first start his only board finish this year. However, his current form cycle began with his last start last year after a 7-month break and he returned in close to same physical form as when he was stopped on. After a couple of pretty good efforts, he had a couple of not so good efforts. He is working on his third race since a good effort, and this is an angle I read about years ago that suggested betting horses back in their third start after a win if next two starts were not as good as his winning effort, but tweaked this angle to include all horses that gave a solid effort because it worked more often that way and with higher odds than the third race after a win.
2) Shipsational (15-1) has started 4 times this year with a second in his third start back as his only board finish this year. Next two races were poor and would normally be enough to consider a horse has tailed off his best form. But he has 5 works since that last effort, all of them decent to good that were also likely very useful. His current form cycle began in October last year when he came off almost a 7 month break after a second and third effort in a G2 & G3 stake races that obviously knocked him off his best form.
My Risks: $5 Ex Box 4-9, $1 Tri Box 2-4-9, $2 Quinella 2-4, $2 Quinella 4-9. Total Risk $20.00.
Race 5: Poker Stakes(G3) --- Purse $200,000 --- 4 YOs & Up ---- One Mile Turf:
3) Mackinnon (15-1) is making his first start of the year. Has six works to prepare for this start but also a trainer that brings his trainees back in top form often. 4x5 to Storm Cat.
1)Chez Pierre (1-1) threw easily a career best in last. A bounce candidate for sure. Under no circumstance would I accept 1-1 odds or less on a horse whose biggest win in the U.S. before his last race was a listed stake and has shown he is vulnerable against this class.
5) Anaconda (8-1) looks in best shape of the rest in a weak field for a G3 stakes race.
My Risk: $8 Exacta Straight 3-1, $1 Tri Box 1-3-5, $6 Tri Straight 3-1-5. Total Risk $20.00.
Race 6: Brooklyn Stakes(G2) --- Purse $250,000 ---- 4 YOs & Up --- 1 1/2 Miles:
6) Forewarned (20-1) has five starts with one win and one third his placings this year. I normally try to find horses that run late in these marathon type races, and he looks like he maybe can though this far is a question mark for him like every other horse in this field.
11) Code Runner (50-1) was originally trained by Asmussen and showed a little ability but not enough to impact graded stakes races. Horse was eventually put in hands of a trainer that has shown no ability or idea of how to properly prepare or get a horse fit. So, his race record looks much worse than it should and in a race like this, anything can and usually does happen.
9) Calibrate (10-1) won a stakes race at this distance two back while finishing in front of a couple of these, then was kept wide by the jockey throughout in his last start when beaten by several of these (per equibase footnotes). Switch of trainers and two good works since his last start. Which one will show up today? Guess right and you could make a decent score.
7) Warrant (5-2) won his last start under a drive after stalking and putting only front runner away heading into the stretch. Will likely have more pace to run at in here, so if jockey times his move slightly later, he will have a better chance of holding the late runners safe. A move a little early, like his last, likely results in a board finish only. 3 works since his last start, an easy leg stretching type work followed by two good works suggests he will be antsy to go earlier than usual.
My Risks: $4 Exacta Box 6-11, $1 Tri Box 6-9-11, $.30 Super Box 6-7-9-11. Total Risk $21.20. (a wild guess).
Race 7: Ogden Phipps S(G1) --- Purse $500,000 --- 4 YOs & Up F&M ---- 1 1/16 Mile:
1)Pass The Champagne (8-1) ran a monster type race when just getting caught at the wire by the eventual Ky Oaks winner in the Ashland Stakes in her very first start against winners two years ago. However, that race not only knock her off form, but she needed almost a year off after a dull effort in the Oaks, then won an O/C race in her only start before taking another year break. A typical scenario of being asked to do too much too soon. She has four starts this year but in her last start, she suggested she has returned to her best form. Two useful works since her last start and she is sitting on go. 3x4 to Mr. Prospector, 4(C)x5(C)x5(C) to Northern Dancer.
4) Secret Oath (2-1) has started three times this year, winning her first start and then just missing in both of her next two starts, finishing 2nd in each race. Her Ky Oaks win remains her only G1 triumph through she has placed 2nd or 3rd in six more G1 races, all in her last 10 starts. 4x3 to Fappiano, 5(C)x5(C)x4(F) to Mr. Prospector.
2) Search Results (4-1) has started once this year and finishing third after trying the length of the stretch to get by the top two with no results. She has three works since that start, a good work followed by two useful works. Complete outcross in her first five generations. However, 8th dam, Iron Maiden, a daughter of War Admiral, produced 1957 Ky Derby winner Iron Liege and is 2nd dam of 1955 Ky Derby winner, Swaps.
6) Clairiere (6-5) has started twice this year, finishing second in the first start and then turning the tables on that rival in their next start. Both again shows up for the next major test for older females and either one could win without it being a major shock. She has 5 works since her last start, 2 easy leg stretching type works followed by two good and useful works and then another leg stretching type work 6 days before scheduled start. 3x4 to Mr. Prospector, 5x5 to Northern Dancer.
My Risks $5 Ex Box 1-4, $1 Tri Box 1-2-4, $3 Tri Key 1 with 2-4 with 2-4, $2 Super Key 1 with 2-4-6 with 2-4-6 with 2-4-6. Total Risk $34.00.
Race 8: Woody Stephens Stakes(G1) --- Purse $400,000 --- 3 YOs ---- 7 Furlongs:
2) Gun Pilot (20-1) has started five times this year with 1 win and 2 seconds his best finish. In his last start, lasix was removed from him for the second time and for the second time he ran a flat race, especially in the stretch but this time it was an even race where his late kick was missing. It will be interesting to see what he does when lasix is remove for the second race in a row for the first time of his career. He has four works since that start, an easy leg stretching work followed by 2 bullet 5 furlongs works then another blowout type work 5 days before his scheduled start. Sire, Gun Runner, was a late developer mostly because he was thrown against top competition that set him back a few months, but trainer has brought this one along more slowly and waiting for the light to click on for him. 4x3 to Storm Cat, 4x4 to Quiet American, 5(C)x5(C)x5(F) to Fappiano. His 5th dam, Ocean's Answer, is a full sister to Storm Bird who developed her own important line and is named a Reine-de-Course mare because of her influence on the breed.
13) Drew's Gold (8-1) has started four times in his career, winning all 4 starts, including 3 this year. Now, he will get the acid test to find out just how good he might be. Many of you probably do not know this trainer, but he started his training career in Southern California and a few years later was sending horses back & forth to compete in Florida and California. But he, like several others, closed their California barns due to workers compensation laws that cause many good barns to struggle, then practically disappeared for a decade before resurfacing again in Kentucky & then NY. He has one workout since his last start, a bullet work 10 days before scheduled start. Contender. 5x4 to Storm Bird, 5x5 to Northern Dancer, Secretariat, & Blushing Groom. His dam line traces back to La Troienne which simply means this is a dam line influenced by Domino as 10 of her 11 daughters and one son was bred to Domino line sires.
11) Victory Formation (10-1) has started 3 times this year, winning a listed stakes in his first start followed by a poor effort in a G2 stakes race and then leading until deep stretch before finishing 3rd in another listed stakes. However, if you look at the distance of all three races (1 mile, 1 1/8 mile and 1 1/8) and then you look at his dam line, you will see his problem. His 2nd dam is a daughter of a solid sprinter and good sprinting sire, 4th dam, White Jasmine, is a granddaughter of Crimson Satan and his 6th dam, Sister Satan, is a 1/2 sister to Crimson Satan. Crimson Satan hails from the Domino sire line who was best known by how fast he was sprinting. He has four works since his last start, the first two good works followed by 2 decent works where trainer looked intent on trying to get him to rate by slowing his works down, something he did for the first time. 5x3 to Mr. Prospector, 5x5 to In Reality, 5(C)x5(C)x5(F) to Seattle Slew.
4) General Jim (7-2) has started three times this year, finishing unplaced in his first start though blocked most of the stretch run, then winning his next two starts in a G3 and then a G2 stakes races. He has three works since his last start, a leg stretching type work, then a good work, followed by another leg stretching type work six days before scheduled start. Looks as ready as any in here to me. Outcross in his first 5 generations but has plenty of Mr. Prospector & Northern Dancer influences on both sides.
My Risks: $5 Ex Box 2-13, $1 Tri Box 2-11-13, $.30 Super Box 2-4-11-13, $1 Super Key 13 with 2-4-11 with 2-4-11 with 2-4-11. Total Risks $29.20.
Race 9: Jaipur Stakes (G1) --- Purse $400,000 ---- 3 YOs & Up --- 6 Furlongs Turf:
5) Dr, Zempf (8-1) has started twice this year with his first start being a win in an O/C race on a GP turf course that played much faster this year than normal. Then tried G1 stakes company in his next out, set most of the pace to the top of the stretch before tiring at one mile on Keeneland's grass course. Believe he will enjoy the cutback to 6 furlongs. 3x4 to Machiavellian but sire line and broodmare sire line flows back into Northern Dancer.
13) Front Run The Fed (30-1) has started once this year in an allowance race, was near the back early, then started his rally soon after a half was complete and came with a rush in the stretch and was up and clear in time for the win. Has two leg stretching type works since that start. The stretch-out to six furlongs should suit him even more but will need to avoid trouble for best opportunity. 4x4 to Rahy, 4x5 to Mr. Prospector, 5x5 to Roberto.
10) Big Invasion (6-1) has two starts this year, winning his first start in a listed stakes at 5F on grass, then finishing unplaced in a G2 stakes race at 5 1/2 furlongs on grass but had trouble near the eight pole that likely caused him a better finish. Has 2 decent and useful works since his last start. 5x4 to Mr. Prospector. His 5th dam, Really Blue, is an unraced full sister to 1969 G1 Ky Derby & Preakness winner Majestic Prince and 2nd dam of 1998 Ky Derby & Preakness winner, Real Quiet.
6) Ice Chocolat (30-1) has three starts this year, the first to at 5 1/2 furlongs on grass and he finished unplaced in both of them, then switched to the AWT and stretched out to six furlongs when he edged closer to the leaders in the stretch run but a closing late kick was lacking. Now his fourth start of the year and one good work since his last start should help him find that needed punch late. 4(C)x5(C)x5(F) to Northern Dancer, 5(C)x4(F)x 4(F) to Mr. Prospector, 5x5 to Special.
My Risk $5 Ex Box 5-13, $ 1 Tri Box 5-10-13, $.30 Super Box 5-6-10-13, $1 Super Key 5 with 6-10-13 with 6-10-13 with 6-10-13. Total Risk $29.20.
Race 10: Metropolitan H(G1) --- Purse $1,000,000 --- 3 YOs & Up One Mile:
6) Zandon (5-1) has started once this year and finished second in what obviously trainer considered a prep for this start. The total purse for that race was $175K and no real help in raising a stallion's value, the purse for this race is $1M along with a likely raise in a stallion's value. He has three decent to good works since that effort and follows exactly the type of works he put in the horse before that race. 4x5 to Mr. Prospector.
2) Slow Down Andy (10-1) is making his first start of the year. He has 8 works to prepare for this start, the first 2 blowout type 3 furlongs works followed by 3 4 furlongs works that were simply leg stretching type works then a good 5 furlongs work and 2 good six furlongs works, none of them too fast to suggest he may leave his race in his works but not too slow to get no help from them. For reference, you can look how he brought Goldencents back off a 7-month break after winning the previous year BC Dirt Mile and finished 2nd to Palace Malice in the Met Mile. The favorite beat him last year in the BC Dirt Mile but his trip in the race (stumbled at the start, then became rank when rushed) before heading to biggest race of his life was a major reason why and usually knocks top horses off their best form. 5x4 to Mr. Prospector.
1)Cody's Wish (7-5) has made one start this year and made it a decisive win in a G1 stakes but everything in there were not of G1 quality except him which made an average win look like a romp. These are much tougher and trainer is acting concerned by how fast he has worked the horse since that race. 3 blistering fast works. Normally, horses that works this hard in works are tosses for me but I have not seen Mott put these types of works into his trainees in decades (thought he learned the hard way that super-fast works rarely works). He might run away and hide but the opposite happens way more than not. Am using caution. 3(C)x5(F)x5(F) to Mr. Prospector.
My Risks: $5 Ex Box 2-6, $3 Tri Straight 2-6 with 2-6 with 1, $5 Tri Key 6 with 1-2 with 1-2. Total Risk $26.00.
Race 11: Manhattan Stakes(G1) --- Purse $750,000 --- 4 YOs & Up --- 1 1/4 Mile Turf:
3) Warren Point (5-1) has one start in the U.S. this year where he was near the back early closed with a rush and taking a brief lead into the stretch before hanging and dropping back to fifth at 3-5 at 1 3/8 mile on the grass. Horse has shown he would much prefer the 1 1/4M distance as all 4 of his grass wins have come at that distance and his one 1 1/2-mile win was on the AWT. He has three works since that start, a leg stretching type work on dirt followed by two bullet works on grass around the dogs. 4x4 to Mr. Prospector, 5x5 to Northern Dancer, but also has a crossing to Never Bend through his grandsons Shirley Heights and Irish River.
10) Highest Honors (20-1) has one start this year where he was near the back early, was in a grind mold throughout the race but never really reach serious contention to finish 4th. Trainer has put 11 works in him, the first 5 works a little faster than he normally puts into his trainees, then gave the horse 13 days before returning to the work tab for six more weekly works, all of them good and decent though again faster than what he usually asks from his trainees. Likely as ready as he can be without a race in between some of these works. 4(C)x5(C)x4(F) to Mr. Prospector, 5x3 to Northern Dancer.
5) Soldier Rising (12-1) has one start this year where he sat mid-pack early, then eased back to last nearing the far turn while he waited for others to offer their best move, then came with a rush down the stretch to finish 2nd though no threat to winner who got away while he waited. Has 2 works since that race, a bullet work followed by a leg stretching work 6 days before scheduled start, both on grass around the dogs. 3x4 to Sadler's Wells & Danehill, 4(C)x5(C)x5(F)x5(F) to Northern Dancer, 5x5 to Special.
1)So High (50-1) has three starts this year and has not placed yet this year though he has carry his speed to the top of the stretch in each race. This race is lacking on front runners who has shown ability to beat good horses but this one will likely be the last one to stop. He has run respectable in a G1 stakes race last year at 1 3/8 miles but was never going to beat Channel Cat who won several big G1 grass stakes in his career. 4x5 to Northern Dancer, 5x5 to Northern Dancer.
My Risks: $5 Ex Box 3-10, $1 Tri Box 3-5-10, $.20 Super Box 1-3-5-10, $.60 Super Key 3 with 1-5-10 with 1-5-10 with 1-5-10, $6 Super Straight 3-10-5-1. Total Risk $30.00.
Race 12: Belmont Stakes(G1) --- $1,500,000 --- 3 YOs --- 1 1/2 Mile:
1)Tapit Shoes (20-1) Has three starts this year, the first two in o/c races where he finished 4th, then 3rd and then finished 2nd (by a head) in a stakes race at OP that offered an all fees paid to the winner to enter the Preakness S. But before that start, trainer had him under consideration for a start in the Blue Grass S by working him three times at Keeneland including on the day of the race but opted to wait while he tried to qualify Verifying for the derby. He worked again on Lexington Stakes Day which suggests that race was also under consideration before deciding on the race he did race in. Since that near miss, he has 4 more good works and this horse is sitting on a big effort. 4(C)x5(C)x5(F)x5(F) to Mr. Prospector but has a Seattle Slew crossing in the sire line and as grandsire of the 4th dam, Trithenia.
7) Hit Show (10-1) has started three times this year, winning a G3 stakes in his first start, then missing a G2 win by a nose when second followed by a fifth in the Ky Derby after getting caught in the melee near the rail turning into the stretch. Has three works since that start, a leg stretching type work followed by a good work and them another leg stretching type work one week before scheduled start. 4x5 to Fappiano, 5x5 to Mr. Prospector.
8) Angel Of Empire (7-2) has three starts this year, finishing 2nd in a listed stakes then winning his next 2 starts in a G2 and a G1 stakes races following by a fast closing third in the Ky Derby. He has three works since his last start, a useful work followed by two very good works but not too fast that it takes anything out of him. 4x5 to Miswaki, 5x4 to Mr. Prospector.
3) Tapit Thrice (3-1) has 4 starts this year, winning his first three starts in an o/c race, then a G3 win followed by a G1 win. In his last start in the Ky Derby, he was never able to get involved because his Blue Grass win caused him to use to much fitness trying to catch a speed type on Keeneland's notorious speed favoring track. A blunder his trainer makes almost every year that has caused him several derby wins. He has three works since that race, a useful one followed by a good work and then a leg stretching type work one week before scheduled start. 3x4 to A.P. Indy & Unbridled.
My Risks: $5 Ex Box 1-7, $1 Tri Box 1-7-8, $4 Tri Key 1 with 7-8 with 7-8, $.30 Super Box 1-3-7-8, $1 Super Key 1 with 3-7-8 with 3-7-8 with 3-7-8. Total Risk $37.20.
Race 13: Allowance --- Purse $80,000 ---- 3 YOs & Up NY Bred N/W $18K 1x or N/W 2 Lifetime --- 1 1/16 Mile Turf:
9) Curly Larry And Mo (8-1) has started three times this year and has not placed. However, all three starts came against open bred and he should relish the return to NY bred foes. He has no works since his last race but expect him to set the early pace and play a catch me if you can game, much like he did in last year's one mile BC Juvenile Turf S. Complete outcross in his first 5 generations but has a Caro crossing in the sire line and in the broodmare sire line as sire of the dam of Maria's Mon, who is the broodmare sire. Also has Crafty Admiral influence through Danzig and Crafty Admiral himself as the sire of the 4th dam, Won't Tell You, dam of Affirmed.
6) Mighty Atlas (30-1) has started twice this year, the first in a state bred o/c race where he trailed for a half mile then put in a run to get into contention into the stretch but could not chase down the gate to wire winner at one mile on dirt. Next start was in a state bred allowance, also at one mile on dirt, he never got involved after two works just before that race were on the dull side also, indicating he regressed slightly off that first effort. Now has two more works since his last start, a good work followed by a leg stretching but useful work and will now make the first grass start of his career. Good shot at upsetting this field. 5x2 to Capote with crossing help from the influential broodmare Alanesian.
8) Barrel Of Quests (15-1) has started twice this year, the first which he made a move to get into contention going into the far turn but had no further response in his first start in seven months in an open bred condition allowance race, as should be expected. He then shipped back to NY and was entered in a state bred allowance and cut back to a mile on grass when he ran an even race but again had no response in the stretch run. Will likely keep moving forward and is not far off his best race, so any improvement off his last likely results in a board finish. Complete outcross in his first 5 generations but has plenty of Domino blood on both sides of pedigree.
2) Let's Go Big Blue (4-1) will be making his first start of the year. However, last year, hew broke his maiden in his first start, then his next three starts came against open bred stakes horses, and he held his own in the first two before by far the worst race of his career when blinkers were added. That last experience did not help, and trainer will remove the blinkers for this start, and he will go with first time lasix. He has six works for this start, the first 4 were leg stretching type works followed by 2 good works. Will be tough to deny if he comes back anywhere close to the fitness he had when he took a break. 4x4 to Al Hattab.
My Risks: $5 Ex Box 6-9, $1 Tri Box 6-8-9, $.30 Super Box 2-6-8-9, $1 Super Key 6 with 2-8-9 with 2-8-9 with 2-8-9. Total Risk $29.20.
Race 5 $3 Triple Play: 3 with 5-10 with 3-10. Total Risk $12.00
Race 7 $1 P6: 1 with 2 with 5,10 with 2,6 with 3 with 1,7. Total Risk $8.00.
Race 8 $.50 Mandatory P5: 2 with 5,10, with 2,6 with 3,10 with 1,7. Total Risk $8.00.
Race 9 $.50 Late P5: 5,10 with 6 with 3 with 1,7,8 with 2,6,9. Total Risk $9.00.
Total Risks All Bets: $397.00.
submitted by hodsct59
to horseracing [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:59 nicbentulan testing still
Elaboration: post ID p1w4Rr-dd
--- Edit to clarify: I absolutely disagree with sheparoni_spotify, who says Hans cheated (at the 2022 Sinquefield Cup?) as part of a Jewish conspiracy. You know Gasai I disagree because I absolutely don't think Hans cheated.
But anyway, this can be interpreted as a (joke) theory that Magnus has something against Jews much like how Magnus has something against Americans
(which might not be quite a joke
). So instead of a (joke) theory 'Magnus is accusing Hans partly because Hans is American', it's a (joke) theory 'Magnus is accusing Hans partly because Hans is Jewish.' I don't think this, but maybe Magnus thinks this.
Explanation / Timeline:
- 2021Nov24 - __Jimmy__ posted Why do chess masters have such badass names?
- 2022Aug27 - I made these 2 posts
- Why do Breaking Bad characters have such badass names, even the American names? (cf chess)
- Why do Better Call Saul characters have such badass names, even the American names? (cf chess)
- 2022Sep12 - I posted Wesley So on Lex Fridman podcast - here's my pitch. (There's also some news on Sergey Karjakin who said Wesley So is a hero, Hans Niemann might not have cheated and that Sergey likes 9LX.)
- 2022Oct26 - I posted Parallel between Hans and Fischer Random 2022? After Magnus quits the event Sinquefield Cup / WCC, the entity chesscom / FIDE takes action, against an American, that is advantageous to Magnus, for another event: Remove Hans CGC. / Announce FRC with lower time controls, giving Wesley a disadvantage.
- 2022Oct27 - I posted Does Magnus have something against Americans? Re Hans, Wesley, Bobby Fischer, et al. Initially, this was a joke, but I was told Magnus admitted to generally disliking Americans in podcast 'Magnus Effect' episode 2 - '20 Best Ways to Introduce Yourself'. It's 1.5 hours long. Can anyone confirm?
- oprocyona told me: Many decisions in tournament chess are made to favor the player that brings in the most sponsorship dollars and views, which is undoubtedly Magnus. There's also no doubt that Magnus generally dislikes americans- he said so on one of the Magnus effect podcast episodes.
- 2022Nov07 - Adept-Description-63 jokingly asked 'Lol. But does Magnus hate Jews?' (emphasis mine)
- All I could think of is Nepo is Jewish.
- If Sergey is Jewish, then that might explain why Sergey sides with the 3 American prodigies with dark childhoods - Hans Niemann, Wesley So and Bobby Fischer - over non-Ukrainian fellow-European Magnus Carlsen. (To clarify, I'm not saying Hans cheated or that Sergey is part of the supposed Jewish cheating conspiracy.)
- 2022Nov29 - I posted Team Magnus vs Team Hans but corrected Wesley So's team and added Sergey Karjakin
- 2022Dec07 - Over 3 months later, I got a comment on the BCS post from sheparoni_spotify who said 'Chess Is very jewey' & 'Fabiano Caruana, Daniel Naroditsky, Levon Aronian, Levy Rozman aka Gotham chess, Hans Niemann, Daniil Dubov, Ian Nepomniachtchi, Garry Kasparov list goes on'
- 2022Dec15 - I asked about Magnus, Hans, Wesley, et al.
I was told:
I would assume Magnus hates Jews more than Americans. Maybe such as
Aside from Magnus Hikaru and So
Basically most of the top brass in chess world is team Jew. And it's MY theory that Niemann did cheat and it's a Jewish conspiracy to bring down the gentile who dominated them past two decades
And then I was told further:
- You have to understand how Jews operate to get it. They are an iron ring. Jewish interests take over all other interests like national interests etc. It's my belief that hans did cheat (not that Magnus is unbeatable) and that it was from some from. Of crowd aid, perhaps even from organizers themselves. Lex Fridman is Jewish as well and our world is Jew ran. Jews get propped up a lot of the time. I have no proof of hans cheating but I know a hell of a lot about world Jewry and it would not surprise me one bit.
- My post on 2023Jun05: Does Magnus have something against Americans eg Hans, Wesley So, Bobby Fischer? If e believes St Louis' security but still accuses Hans, then e thinks Chris Bird helped BUT not for AMERICAN Wesley So hence Hans' loss? Has Magnus played an OTB US-related tournament since (not 2022 WFRCC or chessc*m)?
- As for Hikaru and so. They are just two very good non Jewish chess players. Hikaru is tangled up due to his stream comments and So was just an example of one of the few big name non jewsih chess players from America. Non of the Indians are Jews but almost all the Russians are.
- I mention Lex because he randomly at the same time (during his own ascent into the public eye) has THREE episodes of chess podcasts. Gotham botezs and Hikaru. Botezs ain't Jew for what I know but point is a JEW helped bring further attention to the scandal and Lex own popularity seems to be out of nowhere.
- Also you seem hell bent on getting So on Lex fridman. Like why? Lex is just the new Jew of the moment. Nothing special. Quite boring.
- Oh and he just so happened to have Kanye West. Hahahah who the hell has botezs sisters one day and can convince Kanye West to come on? It's because Kanye is a con artist and his role is to push the cart before the horse before people like myself who are actually Jew aware get to the rest of you. His bipolar disorder which probably isn't even true came out two years ago and that was purposeful because they knew they later needed him to be the face of "anti semitism" and need associations of mental illness for the topic
- I also have no idea what the team Magnus team Hikaru team Hans stuff is about. All I know is chess is very jewey and Hans is a known cheater and Jews in general!y are cunning cheaters in other areas of life. And ICAN make a sleeping generalization about that group because they make sweeping generalizations about themselves all the time, but only when it favours them.i.e "high Jew IQ"
- sheparoni_spotify blocked me.
- I tried contacting on instagram (on 2022Dec22) but blocked there too.
- I checked out sheparoni_spotify's profile and saw something about that the current Russia-Ukraine war is between 2 Jews Vladimir Putin and Volodymyr Zelenskyy.
Update 2022Dec23: Here is my red string board:
Update in 2023Apr
This has been shared by someone named Romano ( RNR_0 ) :
Yes, calling a Hans Niemann a cheater is anti semitic
'禅 HUMAN EMΘTIΘNS (LA ARC)' YOJIMBO_KING told me:
A racist can always spot another racist
submitted by nicbentulan
to nicbentulan [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:57 SillyTumbleweed2020 [UPDATE] Im throwing in the towel...
First of all i wanna thank all of you for helping me through this.
Original post: https://www.reddit.com/puppy101/comments/144kmjb/im_throwing_in_the_towel/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
The reason I'm making an update post is because after posting i realized why i could not handle such an easy puppy. And he is very easy. Genuinely.
He's 10 weeks old and he always goes in his crate and sleeps, he sleeps through the night, he's never had a poop accident in the house, he's only 4 pounds, he's a pug which is awesome, when he gets hyper you can just put him in timeout and he'll self soothe, he isnt a picky eater except treats and we solved that, he knows how to sit, hes a little defiant but thats because he just wants to play and needs 15 to 30 minutes in the morning and night to be satisfied (it always feels overwhelming but if you just trust the process itll be enough for him), he NEVER barks.
I never gave this puppy a fair chance.
I'd like to walk you through the 3 weeks of me having him. before getting him i tried very hard to get an adult dog but it was really hard finding one that was a good fit for me. most rescues didnt contact me back and i put in over 8 applications and most of them had application fees. Its been a month and they still havent gotten back to me:
*Week 1: It was amazing. The puppy was mine but my boyfriend spent every day and night with me. We divided up the puppy responsibility but i took on the most because he was my dog. I taught the pup how to live with me and he picked up very quickly. After his snuggle puppy, he slept through the night and that was that.
*Week 2: My boyfriend told me on my birthday that he wanted to move in with me. He found out his rent got raised and decided to move out of his house with his roommates. He was VERY serious about this and even started planning where his furniture would go. I was so happy, my perfect life was forming. I will never be alone again. The very next day he said "nevermind im not moving in with you. my roommates need me financially. Also i need some space from this puppy, im losing myself and i havent made time to be with my friends and i dont make time for myself." This news was devastating because suddenly id idnt see him at all. He want from being at my house all the time for 4 months to never coming over. He forgot to get me a birthday present even though he told me he had something huge planned. This guy used to call me his "wife" so you have to understand this was devastating. I thought the puppy scared him off and when i tried talking to him about it he was just silent staring at the floor "i just need more time for me, this is really bad timing. its such bad timing..." I completely empathized, this was way too much pressure.
I went out of my way to look at shelter dogs to see if i wanted to keep my puppy. I decided that it would be really hard to find an adult dog (in that moment) and felt that i might as well keep my easy puppy and raise him to be good with me. My boyfriend and i made up and he apologized. You have to understand, he has severe adhd and its untreated. He does not make enough money to address this right now. He told me that he never intended to hurt me, he was just frozen and scared because he didnt realize how badly his roommates needed him. There was pressure to find a birthday present that i deserved wile being afraid of running out of money to cover his new rent ($400 increase) and disappointing his friends whom he loves and he has neglected by only spending time with me. I never told him to stay with me all the time, on the contrary i encouraged him to do things he loved. He didnt want to lose his friends and the puppy blues were understandably getting to him too. Before the puppy, I wouldnt have been so heartbroken about the news of him not living with me because i completely understood that him and i are trying to figure out what a "normal" and "healthy" relationship looks like. We need to have room to make mistakes. I have made mistakes and he has made room for me. Now there's more pressure because of the puppy. Moving forward i decided to keep the puppy and do my best to raise it with these new limitations.
*Week 3: My boyfriend reminded me that Friday he needed me to get time off of work to go to his cousin's graduation party. This is a huge event and he needs my car because his car is way too old and cant make the drive. before me he would rent a car to see them, but with the rent increase he cant do that, he really needs my help and i understood that. I got a flat tire Sunday and thought i was gonna lose my mind. I told him i was really stressed but wanted to take the puppy to properly socialize him. He agreed" i want my family to meet him". My boyfriend said "what do you need? i can help you" i told him to get me the puppy carseat because the puppy HATED his carrier tote because it was too dark and it scared him badly. It was really the puppy's only drawback. This week was hell: Monday- he had puppy class. Tuesday- he needed to get his second round of shots. Wednesday- I needed to get a new tire during lunch because my current front tire was flat and after work i had to go to petco to get a puppy carseat. The entire time i was doing research on how to make sure he wouldnt get parvo from the trip. By Wednesday night i had a breakdown because i work 2 jobs (one WFH and the other passive income that requires my overseeing and management) and i told my boyfriend i needed help with something this week but he didnt help me with anything. I still had so much to do, get puppy pads, go grocery shopping, clean out my car, i havent even had time to shower or eat a full meal because my meal prep ran out (i have celiacs disease), on top of my already demanding puppy schedule and working from home 40 hours a week, trying to hit deadlines. I began to idolize self harm again and i havent done that in years. Wednesday night my boyfriend was playing a card tournament when i called him and told him i was having a nervous breakdown. He left the tournament to talk to me and i explained the lengths i used to go to trying to get mental health care and that i needed to start back up again. He froze, he kinda didnt know what to say. He didnt know how to help me, all he could do was just listen. I was starting to crack under the pressure, and he knew that there was more he could do and he genuinely forgot that he promised to handle the puppy carseat. his ADHD brain was choosing not to remember because deep down, he wanted to keep all his freedom. He felt guilt, i was spiraling. I took off the next day (Thursday) off work to cry all day and I let the puppy stay at my friends house. My friend kept the puppy all day and he was SO EASY he even asked if he could watch the puppy every Thrusday to help provide support. Another friend asked me if she could watch the puppy every weekend. People from work reached out to try and set up playdates with their dogs. Thats when you guys on reddit helped me realize that if i have to let him go its okay.
But it didnt feel quite right, something just didnt feel right. This puppy was easy, my friends are supportive, why do i feel like im gonna die? Why do i hate my life? What. The hell. is wrong... I thought it was my past, and in a way it was. I blamed it for scaring me so much that i couldnt handle being selfless to a puppy. I filled out a form to surrender him last night but i didnt send it. I started crying and WAILING "my puppy my baby! i love my puppy why cant i do this why!?" I sobbed on my bed. My boyfriend came back and asked "... do you want me to leave you alone?" I said through tears "i want you here. but im so embarrassed for you to see me like this. I dont want you to abandon me because im such a mess right now!" So he *left* and went into the kitchen. He didnt realize that this was in invitation to engage and reassure me that he *did not judge me* and that he wouldn't abandon me. He thought this was being polite. I know this sounds confusing but his family members act like this too. They genuinely want to be left alone when grieving because they feel shame being viewed in this way.
I got up and asked why he left and he said "im just trying to be respectful... i dont know how to do this. i.. dont know how to be emotional" i grabbed his hand and took him to the couch and hugged him and told him "its okay. i can teach you how to be there for me." he confessed to me that he was emotionally stunted. He shared his past for the first time to me, i wont share it in specific detail because i wanna protect his privacy, just know its heartbreaking and the major center of it was that he wasnt allowed to speak his mind, share his feelings, or even cry for a second. Any moment he showed emotion or weakness he was shunned (or worse, hurt). I knew of this through small hints but i did not know the extent.
*I realized that him and I BOTH needed to spend time loving our past child selves. we needed to forgive ourselves for the way our past stunted us. we needed to learn how it changed us and accept it and find ways to navigate it in a way where we dont judge who we are, but embrace who we are. Scars and all.*
For example: He has a hard time talking, and showing emotion. He needs lots of time to process when he has hurt someone, he has to take lots of time to not internalize shame. This can make him seem uncaring, but in fact, he cares too much. And growing up with a survivalist mentality made him into someone who has only thought or cared about himself. Easy to be selfish and not think of other's needs when nobody cared about yours. (keep in mind, there's a lot of traumatizing abuse im not telling you) Its easy to live life without a plan when all the plans made for you were destroyed because the people you looked up to could not keep their lives together for you. He also has adhd and was only screamed at when his performance fell short at school and he was never treated for it even though his teachers urged his parents. They even put him through school a year early and he dropped out of college at 17 because his parents divorced and blamed the whole thing on him. Of course he cracks under pressure.
On the flip side: I was abused very heavily but I did the opposite and focused my ENTIRE life on being an overachiever to overcompensate. Straight A's 4.0, there were no exceptions. I focused on external performance to provide me with my future, and stability but i also sought it as a way to validate myself. I pistol whipped myself into perfection. Money, grades, career, etc bring on the responsibility. This has made external influences rule my life and *emotions.* As a result, I do not possess the ability to separate the puppy from outside stressors. I cannot realize where my stress is coming from, i do not have the outside perspective to realize when i am pushing myself too hard. I do not know my limits. And i put blame on anything putting itself in my way, and the puppy is an easy EASY target. My past is also an easy target. sometimes my boyfriend is an easy target. But at the end of the day, its up to me to pace myself and tell others when i cannot meet their expectations. And i cannot be obsessed with them abandoning me as a result of falling short. I cannot attack myself when i fail.
This morning (Friday) my boyfriend and i had a long talk. I had to start work at 6am so i could leave work at 3pm and we could make the drive to his family's event on time. Even though i decided to surrender the puppy, we still have to bring the puppy to the event like we originally planned. No puppy boarding will take him because he is too young and none of our friends were made aware to watch him. I was way too overcome with grief and even my boyfriend admitted he could have helped with that instead of doing absolutely nothing. After all, he needed my car to even see his family in the first place, he could have done something to help it go smoothly. Then he said "so anyway, i really wanna go to card tournaments in my hometown but we have to leave really early so we can make a SECOND tournament back in the city-" and i BLEW UP. I said:
*"STOP! Im going to have to look after the puppy the ENTIRE time AND get you to these things on time!??? It doesnt matter that im rehoming him, do you realize how hard its going to be to get you to these tournaments on time WHILE watching this puppy!?!?!?! GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!!!"*
He was shocked, he was silent for a long long long time and finally said: "oh my god... that was awful of me. i really am putting so much pressure on you." I broke it to him that ever since i got this puppy hes put a lot of pressure on me to keep our lives *exactly* the same where i was much more patient and forgiving and also much more flexible with my plans. I told him i dont blame him for assuming this, why would i take on a puppy that would change our lives SO MUCH forever? he would never do that because freedom is really important to him. But he has always made sure that he has had SO MUCH FREEDOM that its caused him to have *nothing* invested in his future. He's grown up with such low self standards that he has nothing built for himself. And its really affecting him! Like his car being too old to see his family and him lacking the communication skills to recognize when other people need support. His trauma caused him to shun responsibility in order to avoid disappointment and heartbreak and my trauma caused me to take on too much responsibility in a desperate attempt to feel loved and accepted. He said "im so selfish and self centered. Im just an ass and even though i dont mean to i hurt you, i still do it." i said "baby you are not a selfish or self centered person. you just prioritize looking out for yourself because thats all youve ever known. would you call that little boy you used to be who had to fend for himself selfish or self centered? Someone on reddit told me i need to love the little girl that was dirty and unfed, the homeless little girl i used to be. You agreed. But you also deserve the same" it clicked for him. it clicked for both of us.
All of this... because of one little puppy.
He finally opened up to me after 7 months of dating. and it was amazing, but we're both not done.
Him and i are now aware of what we have to do (work on ourselves) but i dont think the solution is simple moving forward. After the talk he took him out for 2 walks without me asking (he does do this for me a lot, he's not all bad) and he played with the puppy so he would tire out and i would have time to work. This morning i told him "babe... i know this is my puppy, but i really have a lot of support for this dog. and he is very manageable. *i love what this dog is doing for us* It is helping us learn how to grow up and how to be nicer to ourselves. Its teaching me how to not let external disappointments leak into my personal life by practicing self care and by being nice to myself. And by me having this responsibility that i put before myself, its teaching you how to be emotionally vulnerable and communicate with me when you only prioritize yourself. Its teaching you how to work with me because if youre going to be involved in my life, you have to gain the ability to take responsibility for more than only yourself in the present moment. After all, how are we going to grow or accomplish anything together unless we learn these skills? What if having this puppy could teach us? If I give up this puppy, were going to go right back to where we were where all we do is watch tv and live in the moment. where we dont hold eachother to any kind of standard and keep codependening on eachother. How are we gonna grow? what is gonna hold us accountable if both of us dont know how to do that?"
On the flip side, this is a puppy. this is a baby. this is a life. If something happens outside of our control, it will affect the puppy. and this situation does not feel 100% stable. But does it have to be 100% stable? If im being totally honest, im still probably gonna rehome the puppy or surrender him to a pug foster. But the lack of responsibility (now that i know what is wrong) is going to make me feel very empty.
We learned a lot from the puppy. We both want to grow, he agreed. He tells me he loves the puppy, he would be happy if he felt like i was mentally capable of keeping him. And after wailing and crying and sobbing (i havent even had this puppy for a full 3 weeks) i know i love him. I know i *want* to keep him. I want to try. I never even gave him a fair chance without my boyfriend accidentally putting a shit ton of pressure on me to maintain our old life while balancing this new puppy.
But. I want whats best for him as well. And whats best for him could not include me at all.
We're going to see his family this weekend and we *are* bringing the puppy. We're going to be honest that he is too much for us to handle right now, politely decline going into it. He has a huge family, maybe someone will want to adopt him. He really is a good dog. After this trip i hope it is very clear whether or not this puppy and I deserve one more chance.
submitted by SillyTumbleweed2020
to puppy101 [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:57 Metadomino Finally finished all missions outside a few terraforming ones and wanted to share my thoughts and hear yours. *Some Spoilers*
Finally finished every mission in the game aside from a few terraforming ones and wanted to share my thoughts Some spoilers ahead
- Tales of Avarice has by far, IMO, the best plot and rewards of any of the mission chains. You not only get to make a meaningful choice, get two amazing ships, explore an interesting new sector with unique mechanics, but you also get to fight a major faction and get a rep reset after you beat them. 10/10
- The Torus Aeternum mission is fairly interesting with its puzzles, but has the most hilarious writing in the game between the two AIs. Wish you could keep the AI to make the Geometric Owl unique. 8/10
- Fate of the Yaki: An actually challenging mission chain that not only sees actual development from your wingman, but also has you strike deep into Xenon controlled territory, give you impetus to liberate them. The reward is fantastic, lots of good mods, a 5 star pilot, a Syn, as well as claiming a very significant central sector chain with excellent resources that can serve as the core of your empire. 8/10
- Split Storyline: You not only have to spend over 1.3 Billion, do not any really meaningful rewards apart from 10 skins and having the split stop warring with the Argon, most of the time all of Zyarth is destroyed by Xenon so they become a weak opponent. As well there is no rep reset once they transfer over to Rhulk, which is strange. As for the slavery sub-plot which could have been interesting, it is seriously sidelined. 4/10
- Paranid Civil War: Same as Split, apart from the interesting puzzle mission that gives you much greater insight into the Paranid culture, the ending ends on a whimper. You spend over 500mil to build them a palace station, then 1 Billion More to get them to unify and all you get is 10 skins. I need this on a t-shirt: I stopped a holy war and all I got was 10 skins. Yes, sending them to war with the Argon or Teladi or everyone is good for business, but by that time, money is useless to the player anyway. 3/10
- Empyrean Curs: would be 10/10 but it just ENDS so 5/10
- Queendom of Boron: same as above, feels like an extended tutorial. Highway battle was a lot of fun. There aren't even any Boron Trade Guild missions etc. Everything else about the Boron is fantastic. Would be 10/10 but cut in half: 5/10
- Hatikvah Trade Revolution: Forgettable. I'm also not a fan of Dal. 2/10
- Covert Ops: An average mission set that is elevated by the fairly interesting reward option. Pitting the Argon and Antigone against the Terrans is just fun to watch. Delilah actually has personality, which I could recruit her to replace Dal. 6/10
- Teladi storyline ????: Why is there no Teladi Story outside your interaction with MIN in the Empyrean Curs plot. They are a very interesting faction who got entirely shafted. Why can't we help elevate a poor penilesssss Teladi to CEO status so he can make great profitsssss?
- Terraforming General Notes: I have not finished all of them, but the rewards are unbelievably unbalanced. Terraforming Scale Plate, not only unlock rep and resettles pirates. It also give you lots of heavily modded ships and powerful crew. All the while, you terraform Atiya's misfortune and Antigone just builds another shipyard. Or 18 Billion, where you get a little pat on the bum. One way to change this is that for every planet terraformed, you can craft one of the Purple Mods from basic resources or something. Considering this is very endgame stuff.
- One of the smaller mission worth a mention is the one to get the Casino. I think, the game to do more with the racing aspect. There should be other ships, they should shoot you, you them etc.
Anyway, the game is fantastic. I had an incredible time playing. Thank you Egosoft.
submitted by Metadomino
to X4Foundations [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:56 madtylerp1 Consistency issues
So I've been playing RL since 2015 and arguably back in 2015-2017 I was at my peak in terms of all-around playing. I could predict shots. Be set up where I needed to be etc. I stopped playing after 2019 due to my computer blowing up ( long story) so I took a break and started playing again on my Xbox ( note when I played on Steam I used an Xbox controller) Now when I play I don't understand what's wrong with me and it's more frustrating than anything because one week I'll be champion 2 division 4 from sheer gameplay and the next week I've almost deranked to gold 3.
My question is for you all kind people does Anyone else go through these forms of extreme inconsistency? It's been happening ever since I've played on Xbox. It seems pc was either easier or maybe it was simply a different time where my senses were sharper lol. Please let me know if possible thank you, gents
Tldr: some days im unstoppable on RL and other days im barely pushing silver levels. Does anyone else go through this so I can feel better about myself lmao
submitted by madtylerp1
to RocketLeague [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:55 MainMammoth5733 「 Mechanical Instincts 」
Stand Name: Mechanical Instincts
Stand User: Maya Reed
Stand Type: Colony Stand
Destructive Power: B
Development Potential: C
Ability: Sonic Panic Mechanical Instincts has the ability to emit sound waves that create a distorted auditory experience for its target. These sound waves can induce feelings of fear, paranoia, and disorientation in the target. The stand can manipulate the pitch, frequency, and volume of the sound waves to create a cacophony of unsettling noises. It can mimic animalistic cries, mechanical screeches, and haunting whispers to further enhance the psychological impact. The target's perception of sound becomes distorted, making it difficult for them to distinguish between real and illusory noises.
This ability allows Mechanical Instincts to exploit the primal fears and anxieties of its target, making them more susceptible to its attacks and reducing their ability to effectively defend themselves.
Appearance: Mechanical Instincts takes the form of 11 metallic creatures all with a sleek and streamlined design, futuristic in nature. Here are brief descriptions of each beast:
- Snake: A serpent-like entity with a sinuous body covered metallic scales. It possesses razor-sharp fangs and the ability to coil around its target, constricting and immobilizing them.
- Cat: Resembling a mechanical bobcat, Cat has a sleek and agile form. It can pounce and strike with lightning-fast speed, utilizing retractable claws and jaws that can deliver powerful bites.
- Crow: An avian entity with wings made of metallic feathers. Crow can fly swiftly and It can emit sonic sounds that disorient and disturb its target, using the effect of Mechanical Instincts' sonic distortion ability.
- Crab: Crab possesses a sturdy exoskeleton and powerful pincers. It is adept at both defense and offense, using its tough shell to withstand attacks and its pincers to attack.
- Bull: Bull has a sturdy build and powerful charging ability. Can get distracted by the color red
- Wolf: takes the form of a mechanical wolf, possessing heightened senses and agility. It can emit sonic howls that disorient and disturb its target, using the effect of Mechanical Instincts' sonic distortion ability.
- Turtle: appears as a mechanical turtle, protected by a durable shell. It can retract its limbs within the shell for defense, as well as launch itself forward with surprising speed and force.
- Squirrel: squirrels predominantly used for scouting out it's victims. Little to no fighting ability.
- Rabbit: fast and is predominantly used to lure victims into a trap. Little to no fighting ability.
- Octopus: is a cephalopod-like entity with tentacles covered in suction cups. It can extend its limbs to great lengths, entangling and constricting its target.
- Cricket though small in size, the cricket able to use Mechanical Instincts ability to create distorted auditory to its maximum.
Each of these 11 beast-like entities operates as an individual within the Mechanical Instincts colony, working together with coordinated precision to hunt down and overwhelm their target.
Stand User: Maya Reed Maya Reed is a engineer and inventor with a deep fascination of anger, special how to control it. She possesses a brilliant mind and an intuitive understanding of machines but contradictory, Maya is pron to fits for rage over even the smallest things.
submitted by MainMammoth5733
to fanStands [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:55 Programming_Dessert Looking for Quest 2 sword game suggestion
Wanting to get a sword like game. Which is better of the 3
- Battle Talent
- Blade and Sorcery Nomad
I like spells so gorn maybe a no.
I heard Nomad was a bland version of the PC port.
I would be up to mods and stuff which also increases playability. Any insight would be appreciated.
submitted by Programming_Dessert
to virtualreality [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:55 iamverysmart12345 Everdesk+ Max Troubleshooting Guide
For context: My newly bought everdesk max is displaying error code 12 while setting up, and like anyone would, I googled the error code and I got NOTHING in the google search. Results were from competitors or standing desks brands from overseas. I tried calling Everdesk only to find out THEY DO NOT HAVE A HOTLINE. I spammed their social media and email and I had to wait for 48 hours max before they would reply to me. I drove down to the showroom and spoke to the staff there to rectify this, turns out they sent me a reply when I was driving there (48mins after I sent the email). They explained that they do not have a hotline (what company would do this????) because all their queries were warranty related and needed paper trials, thus it wasn't worth it to operate a hotline. Well, mine clearly wasn't warranty related and would be resolved immediately if the error codes were on their website.
TL;DR: Ranting about shitty customer service experience with Everdesk+, want to make error codes and troubleshooting info online somewhere and thought this was the place to do it.
-> Ensure there are no obstructions to the desk at the bottom and at the edges (no objects below the desk e.g. drawer / cabinet).
-> Plug out the cables attached to the Control Box.
-> There should be a total of 4 cables attached to the Control Box.
One for each Leg Motor (2 cables for 2 motors), one for the control box unit, and the last one is for the LED controller.
After re-plugging in the cables, the LED should have either of the 3 displays.
1) Display shows Error Code
"Err12 / Err08 / Err07 / Err01"
-> Turn & hold the round controller to the left for 10 secs, until you see the display turn to "RST".
-> Turn & hold the controller to the left again to lower desk to lowest point.
The table should start to lower itself slightly, before raising a bit after that, creating a "bounce" in movement.
2) Display shows reset
-> Turn & hold the round controller to the left, to lower desk to lowest point.
-> Continue holding the controller, until the table start to lower itself slightly further, before raising a bit after that, creating a "bounce" in movement.
-> If the display shows the height of the desk, it should be working correctly now.
3) Display shows lock sign
- A lock sign shows an arrow to turn clockwise
-> You may simply unlock by sliding your finger from buttons 1, 2 to 3 (semi-circle fashion)
-> Turn the Health Coach clockwise, twice to unlock
If the issue persists
Should the error message persist, even with the above reset method, do share with us the video recorded.
This video is required to narrow down the root cause of the issue and for warranty claims processing.
submitted by iamverysmart12345
to singapore [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:55 2BF-Woolie Giveaway! Win a free Woolie VS Limited Edition Snackbox Micro, or a $50-off gift card for your order!
2023.06.09 18:55 BlandAnn Nearly to my goal for an incubator that will help me care for orphaned and injured wildlife!
I’m so close to getting my incubator funded! I’m a volunteer licensed small mammal wildlife rehabilitator in Western, NY. I care for mostly orphaned squirrels and rabbits on a rehabilitate and release model. The cost to feed and house the animals is almost entirely out of my own pocket, and help getting an incubator would make a huge difference in the care I provide! I currently keep the babies warm with use of heating pads which works, but an incubator would make a more and consistent and controlled environment for them.
So far this year I’ve released 15 baby bunnies, with 2 more infants in my care currently, 6 orphaned gray squirrels who are nearing release age, 1 flying squirrel, an injured adult cottontail, gave 3 more injured adult animals peace, comfort, and love as they passed… and the warm active season has just begun.
Thank you for taking a look! If you’d like to see the work I do or enjoy baby animal videos - I’m @wildsideofwny on all social media. Anyone who can make a donation and would like to name a future baby coming in is encouraged to message me!
submitted by BlandAnn
to Fundraisers [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:54 angryjew All of my add-ons suddenly stopped working
I am running the Maeven build on my Shield but I also tried installing the Google Store version as well as an APK and all of the addon updates are suddenly failing. I am getting the below errors in the log. Can anyone help? I have been furiously searching and can't find anything.
2023-06-08 22:30:53.067 T:15076 error : Control 6 in window 10146 has been asked to focus, but it can't
2023-06-08 22:30:54.687 T:16602 error : CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer - (0x2ae692a790) Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7)
2023-06-08 22:30:54.687 T:16602 error : CCurlFile::Open - https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/nexus/service.subtitles.opensubtitles/service.subtitles.opensubtitles-5.1.4.zip Failed with code 0:
2023-06-08 22:33:59.385 T:16839 error : CAddonInstallJob[service.subtitles.opensubtitles_by_opensubtitles]: The dependency on xbmc.python version 2.1.0 could not be satisfied.
I cleared the cache, I checked my internet connection (I was able to install the Crew Repository), I tried a different build, I disabled my skin. What else can I do? Is this a repository issue? Is anyone else experiencing it?
submitted by angryjew
to Addons4Kodi [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:53 ImagineWagons13 Thoughts on the best bows to use
So I love using bows in games like Destiny 2 and warframe, and now STW. So I’m wondering what’s a good bow to invest in that has a fair amount of forgiveness to it?
Ex: the powder keg bow has been my go to from plankerton to canny valley for awhile now, hitting fairly decent impact damage while having a decent sized explosion to mop up big groups. I’ve more or less have been using it as a pocket rocket launcher as it’s cheaper to make ammo for.
And now recently I got the vacuum tube bow and have been enjoying it a fair bit more now due to its level 25 perk which reminds me of trinity ghoul from destiny 2. It rewards good precision while still activating its perk just buy hitting something and still being able to knock out crowds.
Finally I got a new bow from a gold crow called the xenon bow, which I’m still trying to figure out it’s special abilities. One of which is being able to pierce the shield dudes (basically nomads from Borderlands 2) and it’s such a good feeling to just shoot them without having to aim as good
So, tldr, which of my bows should I invest more into and what bows do you guys recommend? I’m fairly accurate and can hit crits so getting the big damage off is easy, but I also love being able to control crowds :)
submitted by ImagineWagons13
to FORTnITE [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:53 GTXnotworking SB 2 cannot see my graphics card other than Device Manager
So basically, my surface book 2 is not in any way seeing my graphics card (GTX 1060 6GB) in any other place other than the device manager, and it's starting to piss me off.
Before, it was just seen as a 3D controller with code 28, I updated the driver, but the issue was not fixed. This issue was apparently from a year ago, and I just can't fix it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I also upgraded to Windows 11, and the issue still persists.
I cannot open the Nvidia control panel, and the GeForce experience cannot download the driver either. Manual driver download is also not feasible through the Nvidia website.
submitted by GTXnotworking
to Surface [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:53 ivanbin Any advice on controller use?
Want to try playing with controller as I see people praising the experience. Im using an xbox one controller connected via USB. However I have ran into 2 main issues so far:
1) Cant open map. Well, I can sometimes but pressing map button does the map sound and only opens map if I literally spam the button.
2) When standing still and pressing A (the interact/basic attack button) it opens up the chat for me. I never want it to open chat for me if im using a controller.
Anyone ran into these and can offer some advice?
submitted by ivanbin
to diablo4 [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:52 subreddi-thor Chance me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I posted here before, but a few things have updated so I thought It might be nice to see new opinions.
: Male Race
: African American/Black (first generation immigrant) School
: magnet Early college highschool State
: Texas Income
: ~35,000 for a family of 8 Intended Major(s):
Comp sci SAT
: 1530 (not super scored) (750 reading, 780 math) UW/W GPA and Rank
: 3.94/4.56, rank 12/98 weighted and 10/98 unweighted Coursework
: 1ap class taken out of 2 offered. I didn't know they were important and skipped out on APUSH. took AP Human Geo though and got a 4 on the AP test. Additionally taken loads of dual credit classes. Junior year I got 99s all across the board on everything, which includes a full year of college chemistry and college physics. On track to take pre cal first semester senior year. Awards
- School district "superintendent's academically talented" (SAT) scholar (I didn't know the acronym before 💀)
- Potential national merit scholar, definite National merit commended student
- Questbridge College Prep Scholar
- 1 Gold key 1 silver key scholastic art and writing competition if that counts
- designed, programmed, bug tested, and altogether fully created a game on Roblox. (Yes I'm including that)
- National Science Honor society member
- Vice President of school coding Club
- Co-founded a club at my school that does peer reviews and editing suggestions for volunteer hours.
- Mentor in schools mentorship program
- Independent paid tutoring
: economically disadvantaged, underrepresented minority, first gen LOR
: I have one from my College Chem teacher. I never read it but I gave her notes to talk about how I diligently worked on my game during free time, but I never let it get in the way of doing classwork and paying attention. Also mentioned that I took voluntary notes during every class period, and was one of the few who actually asked questions. Essays
: The essay I wrote for questbridge was mainly about religious pressure I faced from my parents, and how a lack of control within my own personal life led me to turn to the things I could control, and excel at them. Schools
Well here we go. I plan to apply using questbridge if I become a finalist btw.
University of Pennsylvania
List will develop as I do more research. I'm (still) open to suggestions at schools I could consider.
submitted by subreddi-thor
to chanceme [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:52 Reno_TechNV NBA 2k23 Tournament @ Reno Tech NV
Tech NV is going to be hosting an NBA 2k23 tournament on Saturday June 17th. The event begins at 2pm.
Here is the link to register: https://nba2ktournamenttechnv.rsvpify.com
1st Place - $100 cash plus Steelseries Arctic Pro Wireless/Noise Cancelation Headphones ($350 Value)
2nd Place - $50 cash plus PS5 Dual Sense ControlleXbox Elite Series 2 ($250 Value)
3rd Place - $25 cash plus $50 Amazon Card
For additional information please contact [[email protected]
submitted by Reno_TechNV
to Reno [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:52 sometimesflyplanes Do Kenya Airways Make Money?
Who says airlines don’t make money?
Singapore Airlines recently declared fantastic results and gave its staff a 8 month bonus salary. Singapore Airlines Ltd. reported a record annual profit of S$2.16 billion for the year ended March 31. This translates to a dizzy $1.62 billion in USD.
Kenya Airways on the other hand declared heart wrenching losses of Kes 38 billion and some insiders tell us airlines don’t make money. the A dichotomy of polar contrast.
In fact there’s a generation of Kenyans who have grown in the notion that airlines don’t make money. If you peer into KQs financial books between 2005 to 2010, you will learn it was once upon a time a different story.
Meanwhile the Kenyan government subsidized KQ to the tune of Kes 36 billion++ last financial and budgeted subsidies for coming financial year is Kes 20 billion but this has been trimmed to Kes 10 billion. The mandarins controlling the government coffers have sent KQ a dire notice that it will stop its subsidies.
Ethiopian airlines on the other hand declared heart warming mega profits.
Under the airline's 15-year Vision 2035 plan, Ethiopian Airlines wants to operate 200 aircraft by 2035 while generating annual revenues exceeding USD 25 billion.
According to the ch-aviation fleets advanced module, the airline currently operates 126 aircraft.
In the 12 months to June 30, 2022, Ethiopian Airlines recorded a net profit of USD 937 million on revenues of USD5 billion and announced its largest fleet expansion from its current 140 aircraft to 270 aircraft by 2035.
The question is what are these airlines doing that we aren’t?
I will discuss how Singapore airlines is profiting & soaring the skies and what Kenya Airways could learn from it.
Singapore Airlines has a well-established profit-sharing bonus formula agreed upon with its staff unions. This formula determined the bonus payout based on the company's profitability, ensuring that employees directly benefited from the airline's success.
Singapore Airlines acknowledges the hard work and sacrifices made by its employees during the pandemic by providing an ex-gratia bonus.
This recognition of their dedication and resilience motivates employees and fosters a sense of loyalty and commitment.
The airline reported healthy forward sales, particularly in bookings to high-demand destinations like China, Japan, and South Korea.
By effectively managing sales and revenue, Singapore Airlines ensures a steady stream of income, which played a significant role in achieving record profits.
Singapore Airlines strategically increased its passenger capacity over time, after Covid. This allowed the airline to cater to growing customer demand and maximize revenue generation.
The airline placed emphasis on key markets such as China, Japan, and South Korea, which exhibited strong passenger demand. By tailoring its services to cater to these markets, Singapore Airlines captured market share and generated substantial revenue.
Taking inspiration from Singapore Airlines' success, Kenya Airways could implement several strategies to achieve similar results:
Kenya Airways could focus on optimizing its route network by identifying high-demand routes and expanding its presence in key markets.
By focusing on these routes and adjusting frequencies, schedules, and capacity, the airline can maximize its revenue potential.
By aligning its services with customer preferences and enhancing connectivity, the airline can attract more passengers and increase revenue.
Identifying and exploring new markets that are underserved or have potential for growth can be a key strategy for Kenya Airways.
Conducting market research and assessing the demand for air travel in emerging destinations can help the airline expand its network and capture new customer segments.
Strategically selecting hub cities and establishing strong connections within those hubs can improve Kenya Airways' network efficiency.
By concentrating resources and flights on key hubs, the airline can optimize transfer opportunities for passengers and improve overall connectivity.
Exploring partnerships with other airlines, especially those with strong networks in desirable destinations, can help Kenya Airways expand its reach and attract more passengers.
Code-sharing agreements and alliances can provide access to a broader customer base and boost revenue potential.
Implementing rigorous cost management strategies is crucial for improving profitability. Kenya Airways should assess and optimize its operational expenses, explore fuel efficiency measures, and streamline its processes to reduce costs and increase overall efficiency.
By focusing on improving the overall customer experience, Kenya Airways can attract and retain more passengers. Investing in customer service, onboard amenities, and technology-driven solutions can help differentiate the airline and increase customer satisfaction, leading to higher demand and increased revenue.
Recognizing and rewarding employee efforts and dedication is vital for enhancing morale and productivity.
Kenya Airways could develop a performance-based bonus system or profit-sharing formula to align employee interests with company success, motivating staff to contribute to the airline's profitability.
KQ can identify areas of operational inefficiency and implement strategies to streamline processes. This may include optimizing ground handling procedures, reducing turnaround times, improving maintenance planning, and enhancing crew scheduling and rostering to maximize productivity and minimize costs.
KQ can renegotiate favorable contracts with suppliers and vendors to obtain better pricing for goods and services. By actively seeking competitive bids, exploring alternative suppliers, and consolidating procurement processes, the airline can reduce costs associated with fuel, aircraft maintenance, catering, and other operational expenses.
Many of its customers complain that KQ pricing is way higher than it’s competitors. Fare distribution has moved from the legacy central reservation system to the web and KQ needs to ensure that its fare match the rest in the web. Generation Z don’t go to travel agencies. They buy from the web.
By implementing these strategies, Kenya Airways can enhance its financial performance, attract more passengers, and achieve record profits similar to Singapore Airlines.
It is crucial for the airline to carefully analyze its market, optimize operations, and prioritize customer satisfaction and employee engagement to drive success.
Every organization is about people and KQs current board, & Kenya Airport Authority is run by non aviators.
Perhaps it’s time to give aviators a chance to run the aviaton sector. They just might do things differently and give it a new breath of life.
submitted by sometimesflyplanes
to Kenya [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:51 StartingNewat30 Why is there so much random crowd control
I've been grinding a bunch of dungeons/nightmare dungeons trying to upgrade my glyphs the last few days and there is one thing that is really
The amount of CC the game throws at you at every corner. The game just wants me to be stuck and slowed as often as possible.
In some maps (e.g. jail dungeons) the map is kinda hard to move through because it has so many doorways and cells and obstacles that are making pathing a bit awkward.
On top of that you have several enemies that just SPAM CC at you:
- Wraiths use a very obvious telegraphed knock back cast.
- Spiders are literally spamming spider webs at you rooting you 24/7
- Fat abomination guys are charging into to you, staggering you for a second and then explode which also stuns/staggers you for another second.
On top of THAT there are nightmare dungeons that have several random affixes that can affect how enemies behave.
Now you can try to avoid some of these affixes but even then you will
have CC spammed on you anyway. You can NOT escape it because there are so many sources of CC in this game.
As an example look at this clip
Im playing Rogue and i have the ability Shadow Step which lets me become unstoppable and get out of CC. Great right? Yeah not in that scenario. I know this clip is a little bit exaggerating the whole issue but man i just want to move through maps without being spam slowed/rooted/stunned. There is nothing more unfun than not being able to control your character.
I rather get one shot by some dumb mechanic off screen than not being able to actually play my character.
What is your guys opinion on that?
submitted by StartingNewat30
to diablo4 [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:51 jaaammi I was gonna say it's finished but we all know that's a lie lol
| || |
Monitors: ASUS PG27AQDM and LG38GL950G (not shown in picture) Camera: Obsbot Tiny 4K Speakers: Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 Mouse: Logitech G Pro X Superlight Keyboard: Keychron K6 Deskmat: X-raypad Aqua Control Plus - Wave - Night Desk: Secretlab Magnus Pro submitted by jaaammi to battlestations [link] [comments]
PC: RTX 3090 Strix OC • 9900KS • Z390 Aorus Xtreme • Trident Z Royal 32GB 3200MHz CL14 • Kraken Z73 • 9x120mm Noctua • Corsair AX1000 Titanium • Samsung 980 PRO 2 TB • Samsung 970 EVO 500GB + 1TB • Lian Li PC-O11 PCMR Limited Edition
2023.06.09 18:51 aniccia Videos and photos documenting an uncrewed Cruise AV immobilized for ~2 hours this morning in the middle of 9th St in San Francisco (~2 blocks from Cruise’s main SF depot), ticketed, and finally driven away by a Cruise person
submitted by aniccia
to SelfDrivingCars [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 18:49 CP4-Throwaway REVISED: Reasons why _ borns are definitely Generation _ By Life Stages: Analysis (Series #1: Reasons why 1968 borns are definitely Generation X)
| || | submitted by CP4-Throwaway to generationology [link] [comments]
Here's the original: https://www.reddit.com/generationology/comments/n6jh3n/reasons_why_borns_are_definitely_generation_by/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Reasons why 1968 borns are definitely Generation X
Life stages (these are not objective life stages but just what's going to be used for this analysis):
0-4 = Unconscious child
4-10 = Conscious child
10-18 = Adolescent (child by legality)
18-34 = Young adult
34-50 = Average adult
50-65 = Middle-aged adult
65+ = Old adult/elderly (not needed since this cohort will not reach that stage until 2033)
Life Stage #1: Unconscious child = c. 1968-1972
They were born years after the demographic baby boom, during the countercultural era of 1968, the biggest year in a long time. Martin Luther King Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy were assassinated, there was a civil unrest, and Ronald Milhouse Nixon was elected as the 37th president of the United States. Their unconscious childhood years were in the late '60s and early '70s, during the peak of the countercultural movement with events like the civil unrest, Woodstock '69, Apollo 11, Kent State shooting, the draft being abolished, Title IX, and finally Watergate, which was around the time they started becoming conscious. They were probably theoffspring of a hippie as well. Baby Boomers were typically the hippies themselves rather than the babies of hippies. Generation X were the babies of hippies.
Age 0 - 1968/1969
Age 1 - 1969/1970
Age 2 - 1970/1971
Age 3 - 1971/1972
Age 4 - 1972 Life stage #2: Conscious child = c. 1972-1978
They were a conscious child throughout the 1970's, both numerical and cultural. Their first memory might have occurred around the time of Watergate, give or take. They were children during a time when television and entertainment was barely focused on the children and protecting them but predominantly adult-centered. They still had some great cartoons in their own right and some were educational, but IMHO, it was the dark ages for kid culture. They experienced a lot of events during that time, whether they remember it or not, during their elementary school years. Events such as the Vietnam War ending, Title IX, the Roe v. Wade case, the deaths of Bruce Lee and Elvis Presley, Nixon's resignation, the oil crisis, 1976 election, NYC power outage of summer '77, the launches of Apple and Atari 2600, as well as the birth of many popular movie/TV series we know today like Jaws, Saturday Night Live, Star Wars, and many others. Baby Boomers were barely children in the 1970's so experiencing most/all of these milestones as a child sounds exclusively Generation X.
Age 4 - 1972/1973
Age 5 - 1973/1974
Age 6 - 1974/1975
Age 7 - 1975/1976
Age 8 - 1976/1977
Age 9 - 1977/1978
Age 10 - 1978 Life stage #3: Adolescent = c. 1978-1986
Their adolescence started at the peak of disco and New Wave was rising up as well as during the Jonestown massacre which killed roughly 900 people. This was probably the first historic event that they watched on television where they understood the impact of what was going on unlike the previous events. Same with the death of Harvey Milk. The Walkman was also introduced during their adolescence. Other events happened during their adolescence such as the election of Margaret Thatcher who would be Prime Minister of Great Britain for the entirety of the 1980's (1979-1990), the trail/sentence of Ted Bundy, Iran hostage crisis, disappearance of many kids (which would influence the national and social change of America in later years), the 1980 election and Reagan election, early 80's recession, the video game crash of 1983 and the release of the NES, the reelection of Reagan, the debut of WrestleMania, and finally the Challenger explosion and Chernobyl, which occurred by their senior year of high school in 1986. They were heavily influenced by the emergence of hip-hop in the late '70s-early '80s and were adolescents during its earlier underground EMC stage. Their adolescence was defined by the first wave of MTV in the '80s (when MTV was actually good) as well as being the perfect age for many "coming of age" films (mostly from John Hughes) such as Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Sixteen Candles, the Breakfast Club, Ferris Beuler's Day Off, Pretty in Pink, and many others that came out during the early-mid '80s. Their adolescence was heavily defined by the Reagan administration (although their early adolescence was when Carter was still in office, Reagan had a dominant effect on them). New Wave, hip hop, glam metal, heavy metal, pop music, and many other genres defined their adolescence. They had the best of Michael Jackson as well. This is pretty stereotypically Gen X.
Age 10 - 1978/1979
Age 11 - 1979/1980
Age 12 - 1980/1981
Age 13 - 1981/1982
Age 14 - 1982/1983
Age 15 - 1983/1984
Age 16 - 1984/1985
Age 17 - 1985/1986
Age 18 - 1986 Life stage #4: Young adulthood = c. 1986-2002
Their young adulthood had a huge change, spanning from the mid '80s to the early '00s. In their 18-24 young adult years, they were at the forefront of the "classic" Golden Age of Hip Hop (c. 1986-1992) which included the likes of NWA, Eric B and Rakim (a 1968 cohort), LL Cool J (another 1968 cohort), and many other legendary artists/rap groups that changed the rap industry forever. Besides that, they were also young adults during gangsta rap (the '90s version of the Golden Age of Hip Hop), hair metal, grunge, post-grunge, R&B, boy bands, teen pop, bubblegum pop, Nu Metal, minivan rock, electrodance, pop punk, and many other genres of music. They would be within the core age group for F.R.I.E.N.D.S., at least by experience (the cast members and characters were a bunch of young adults in their mid-late 20's and early 30's going through life together). They witnessed a lot of great comedies in their young adult years during the '90s. Aside from that, they were hit hard by not only the 1987 stock market crash as college students but also the early '90s recession as college graduates and found it hard to obtain a job, thus older people called them "slackers". They witnessed many historical events during their young adulthood such as the Fall of the Berlin Wall and the USSR collapse, ending the Cold War, the Rodney King beatings/LA riots, 1992 election, WTC bombing, OKC bombing (caused by a fellow 1968 cohort, Timothy McVeigh), the deaths of Kurt Cobain, 2Pac, Biggie Smalls, and Princess Diana, the OJ Simpson trial case, the Columbine shooting, the Y2K scare, the Dot Com bubble burst, the 2000 election, the turn of the millennium, and finally 9/11. They were starting to have families in the '90s as well, since most of their kids would be born within roughly 1995 and 2005, give or take. They were probably affected by the Dot Com Bubble burst as early 30-somethings as well. The 9/11 attacks were basically the last major event of their young adulthood. Boomers were already in their average adulthood by that point, and the oldest were already hitting midlife. Generation X were young adults.
Age 18 - 1986/1987
Age 19 - 1987/1988
Age 20 - 1988/1989
Age 21 - 1989/1990
Age 22 - 1990/1991
Age 23 - 1991/1992
Age 24 - 1992/1993
Age 25 - 1993/1994
Age 26 - 1994/1995
Age 27 - 1995/1996
Age 28 - 1996/1997
Age 29 - 1997/1998
Age 30 - 1998/1999
Age 31 - 1999/2000
Age 32 - 2000/2001
Age 33 - 2001/2002
Age 34 - 2002 Life stage #5: Average adulthood = c. 2002-2018
Their regular adult years (mid 30s to 40s) began shortly after 9/11. Their core prominence on pop culture was behind them since they already left a huge mark, but now they are starting to drive and control what is the pop culture of our era. Their generation started to become the main adult generation by the 2000s and 2010s (the 2020s as well). Most of the people their ages should definitely be starting and raising families by now if they haven't already. They were impacted by huge events such as the establishment of Homeland security, the Iraq War, the rise of social media, Hurricane Katrina, the advent and rise of smartphones, the Great Recession (when they were pushing 40), the 2008 election, Occupy Wall Street, multiple school shootings (that made them fear and worry about if their own kids will face that in school eventually), multiple movements (SJW, BLM, Women's), and the 2016 election. They would turn 50, ending their average adulthood, by 2018, in the midst of the Trump administration. Most Boomers were hitting middle-age. Generation X were the average adults back then.
Age 34 - 2002/2003
Age 35 - 2003/2004
Age 36 - 2004/2005
Age 37 - 2005/2006
Age 38 - 2006/2007
Age 39 - 2007/2008
Age 40 - 2008/2009
Age 41 - 2009/2010
Age 42 - 2010/2011
Age 43 - 2011/2012
Age 44 - 2012/2013
Age 45 - 2013/2014
Age 46 - 2014/2015
Age 47 - 2015/2016
Age 48 - 2016/2017
Age 49 - 2017/2018
Age 50 - 2018 Life stage #6: Middle adulthood = c. 2018-present
They are currently in their middle adulthood since they are over the age of 50. They are most likely going through their mid-life crises right now. Most of their children are either grown or are not too far from adulthood in the next few years. The biggest events they witnessed were the attacks of many churches, the climate strikes, the Trump impeachment (both), the 2020 election, the Capitol Building riots, and most importantly, the COVID-19 pandemic. Boomers are hitting elderly now, while Gen X are hitting their mid-life crises.
Age 50 - 2018/2019
Age 51 - 2019/2020
Age 52 - 2020/2021 (currently)
Age 53 - 2021 (currently)
Good representations of the 1968 cohort:
The late Gary Coleman
Anthony Michael Hall
LL Cool J
Cuba Gooding Jr.